Process and encode back office components
The Nominum Policy Manager provides the N2 Platform with rules based input to Nominum Engines using configuration data specified with Nominum applications. Policies are defined with Nominum Applications by network operations staff, or by subscribers themselves, for applications such as Nominum Personal Internet. It gives the N2 Platform the ability to invoke actions to monitor, block or redirect incoming DNS queries. Management of individual per-subscriber policies can be supported, as well as network wide policies, at a granular level.
Nominum Policy Manager performs several important functions:
- Centralizes definition and distribution of policy related configuration.
- Processes lists of target domains supplied by the List Manager (described below).
- Binds lists of target domains (served from Nominum List Manager) based on policies determined through application settings.
- Stores, schedules and publishes the rules and content for messaging end-users.
- Incorporates IP-address information from back office systems to map subscribers and their applications.
- Encodes policy data in a format suitable for input into Nominum Engines and Proxy and pushes it out.