The IPv6 transition and next-generation network architectures requires more flexible and efficient end user device provisioning solutions.
As network operators push intelligence further out in the network and transition to IPv6, new requirements emerge for device and service provisioning. Leveraging “smart” edge aggregation routers increases costs and limits flexibility. Better control, orchestration, scale, and precision (many more configuration parameters) are needed to provide the seamless experience and instantaneous response that customers demand.
APIs and open interfaces to support today’s complex provisioning requirements at massive scale:
- Integral part of Nominum’s IDEAL ecosystem.
- Easy to use command-line interface, APIs and scripting interfaces for service-enablement and integration with back-office systems.
- No restarts or service interruption due to configuration changes, robust (active-active) failover implementation.
- Highly fault-tolerant DDNS support, including the ability to send updates to multi-mastered zones.
- Comprehensive dual-stack support for IPv4 and IPv6 standards, as defined by the IETF and other industry organizations such as the Broadband Forum and CableLabs.
Improved network efficiency and faster service delivery:
- Precision provisioning, configuration parameters can be assigned based on user-defined attributes, relay-agent information, vendor-specific attributes, or real-time information from external systems.
- Flexible address assignment, customization using scripts or integration with external systems.
- Simplified integration with APIs and standard interfaces speed service delivery.
- Fast reconnects after major failures (regional power or network outage), simplified planning for scheduled outages.
- Robust software ensures network services remain available even under extreme loads.