Awareness of the damage malware can do is increasing pressure for network operators to take action.
The botnet problem has become highly visible, with mainstream media regularly reporting on successful exploits. Governments and regulators are also increasingly aware of the botnet problem and are looking to service providers to help solve the problem. Although various solutions are available to detect the presence of bots, including client-based solutions, most bots easily evade these defenses. Furthermore, client-based protection is not available for many devices, especially mobile. The problem requires network-based solutions that are pervasive and scalable, and can readily adapt to deter increasingly agile botnet threats.
Network-based solution provides unobtrusive, highly effective mitigation of botnet threats.
- Identifies bot-related activity during DNS resolution, the first touch point in every Internet transaction.
- Scalable implementation leverages existing network elements.
- Covers all devices regardless of access (fixed and mobile broadband, Wi-Fi), OS or hardware platform.
- No client software or application installed inline with network traffic.
- No inspection or recording of information in the data plane, such as web traffic.
Safeguard end users, protect vital network resources, and preserve brand equity.
- Extremely efficient method of identifying bot-related activity, with no impact on DNS services.
- Easily deployed networkwide, can cover tens of millions of users.
- Respects user privacy, DNS based solution never even sees web and other user traffic.
- Continuously updated threat data provides up-to-the-minute protection against agile botnet threats.
- Undermines fast flux techniques employed by bots to avoid detection.