Internet users are looking for ways to make their service more compatible with family needs and values.
Faster broadband access alone doesn’t increase customer loyalty—value-added applications and outstanding service do. Providers need new services to differentiate their core offerings, generate incremental revenue, and reduce churn. At the same time, families are seeking tools to make it easier to manage the pervasiveness of the Internet in their lives, because existing solutions are inflexible and difficult to maintain.
Put subscribers in control of what content is permitted in their home, when the Internet is available, and more.
- Easy-to-use, browser-based interface lets subscribers:
- Filter content by category - adult, violence, alcohol, tobacco, etc. (lists maintained and constantly updated by Nominum).
- Schedule when Internet access is available (turn off access during homework, at night, during vacations, etc.)
- Send Internet-based reminders tagged to specific activities on the web.
- Network-based application covers all consumer devices regardless of access (fixed and mobile broadband, Wi-Fi), OS or hardware platform.
- Service can be customized to meet branding requirements.
- Scalable implementation leverages existing network elements, no client software and no application installed inline with network traffic
- Designed as an opt-in service with pricing flexibility: ala carte monthly payment, bundled with premium package, or free.
Immediately offer subscribers a personal Internet that matches their desires and values:
- “Sticky” application, actively managed by subscribers, increases engagement and loyalty.
- Highly differentiated service drives incremental revenue.
- Network-based solution, no burden on subscribers or service providers to maintain content filtering categories.
- No impact on the subscriber experience, no latency penalty or intrusive DPI that invades privacy.